Thursday, August 5, 2010

Peer Pressure


I couldn't let Amy make midget blocks and not join in on the fun. I am resisting the urge to make another one tonight though. I can't make any grand statements about tomorrow. I've got to work in the morning and I am being good. I discovered when measuring my first midget block that my printer is shrinking everything just a wee bit. I suppose it wouldn't matter if everything was paper pieced, but combining different blocks might be a bit of a problem.

This one is called Wild Goose Chase and it has 57 pieces in a 4.5 inch finished block. Or in my case a 4.5 inch unfinished block which will shrink down to 4 inches when it is done. It looks in the picture like I cut off the point on that lower left middle goose, but I think it will flatten down when the paper comes out.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Gosh! Wasn't that a putzy block!?!?!? I don't know if I have enough strength to tackle #5 or #6 anytime soon! #4 was fast, though!

I love all the pics with you showing off your blocks, too!

How slick is the water-soluable? I'm just using good ol' computer paper. I would have tried using phone book paper, but I didn't want to trace the pieces onto the paper; Also, I don't know how well the phonebook paper would go through the printer.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with 4/week, but we'll see. 1/week for sure, though!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cute and sooo many pieces in such a small block!

Satunny said...

J'aime ma femme et je n'aime pas qu'elle reste insatisfaite de notre sexe. Donc, pour moi, j'ai ce problème de cette façon https://pharmaciegenerique.fr/acheter-levitra-generique/ résolu et jamais regretté