Friday, October 29, 2010

Postage Stamp Blocks Together Forever

 The blocks for the Postage Stamp quilt are together along with border number 1.  I know I will also add a green border, but I haven't decided yet if that will be the only one. 
It needs a bunch of ironing of course, before the bordering can begin, so I think I'll just let it hang up outside for a while being admired. The funny shadows are from the pool screen as it filters out the evening sun.
Ryan and I are going to a mother son dance at school tonight.  It has a Star Wars theme.  Kurt is taking the girls to ice skating at the same time and then we can begin the usual weekend round of skating, football, and OM.  I'm sure I'll steal some time with my sewing machine somewhere in all of that.  Almost sure anyway.  

8 comments:

SheilaC said...

I love this quilt, and all those postage stamp pieces, wOw!

You should "enter" this into Amy's Blogger Quilt Festival, fun prizes :)

See the link on my blog.

SheilaC

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

That is stunning! All those pieces. I would hang and admire that one for a long time. Have fun at the dance.

Janet said...

This is so cool. Love it! I can't imagine working with all those little pieces. I'm interested to see it all done with the borders. Mother/son dance--what fun. Have a great week-end.

blauraute said...

Wonderful,love it. You are so busy. All those little pieces, I could only admire your work.
Have a nice weekend, I hope you could steal some time with your sewing machine.
Roswith

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That looks awesome!! Woo hoo!!

Linda Lee said...

It is gorgeous! I love all the colors! The borders will pull the colors together and make it really POP!

pinsandneedles said...

I have seen several of these postage stamp quilts on blogs and are amazed at all the tiny pieces. I love the scrappy look! Great job!

Beth said...

This is so pretty! You inspired me...I found a stack of 4 patches..I THINK that are just leaders and enders. Now they are 8 patch blocks. Its not MUCH..but its a start~