Thursday, January 27, 2011

One Step at a Time

Slowly, slowly the week has been passing with very little quality quilt time.  Yesterday we started dog obedience classes.  I enjoyed a girls night out and caught up with a girlfriend for dinner.  Ryan had his first football practice of the new season.  Tuesday we had storms and stayed in to watch the State of the Union.  Monday we went out for dinner as a family and then the girls got thier nails done while the boys bought goodies at the sporting goods store. Sunday was Lego practice for the big regional tournament this weekend. 
Lizzie has been keeping me company while I finish the hand stitching on Double Delight.  There are only a few inches left, so I'll find a quiet moment for that soon enough. 
I've been trying to get the top for Kitty Korner Webbed.  I've made arrangements for the kids at school to sign the back before I do the quilting and I'd like to take that in tomorrow so that I can do the quilting on the weekend.  The coworker whom it is for is scheduled for surgery on Monday and I would sincerely like to have it to her before then.  I'll need to think of a new name though, she is a dog lover.  I don't think calling it the green and yellow cancer quilt is such a good idea either. Names are so hard.  Maybe something about sunshine or the grass being greener or something somehow cheerful and optimistic.......Any body have some ideas to share?

5 comments:

Anita said...

I don't know your coworkers name but why don't you just call it (name)'s Sunshine Quilt or (name)'s Ray of Hope quilt. I know I would love having a quilt named after me and it would make it that much more special/personalized.

Quilter Kathy said...

How about Sunshine Garden?
Doesn't look like Lizzie is being very good company :)

Linda Lee said...

We always look forward to green grass and sunshine as the new life begins in the spring and the countryside is full of hope. Maybe something like "Spring's Hope." or "Springing Hope."

Amy said...

Hmm...lots of good name suggestions there. Thank goodness, because I'm coming up empty for you. In fact, I'm kinda feeling just like Lizzie in that pic; flat-out drained.

My only other thought was....."football?? already??"

Melinda said...

I'm really bad with naming quilts but I was thinking Ray of Sunshine.