Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Little Room to Rest

I think the sashing strips give the blocks a little bit of space.  I don't have enough of a single green, so I'll have to mix is a bit of the slightly darker green that you see on the outer edge.  The inner bits are 1.5 inches and the wider outer part is 2 inches, so it isn't much, but I think it makes a big difference in the look of the quilt.  Kurt has taken the children off to the Art Festival and I elected to stay home alone.  It is the first chance I've had to sit quietly all weekend and I am relishing it. 

7 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

I do like them better with the sashing.

Elke said...

It looks absolutely wonderful! Green and purple mixed is my favourite, too.

Ellen said...

I like them better with the sashing too and it will make it alot easier to sew the blocks together. I am glad you are enjoying your "alone" time!

Scrappy quilter said...

I love the effects of this quilt. It's lovely. Hugs

Jan Maree said...

There is someting about the colours in this quilt that make it look really peaceful and calming. Love the colour combinations and the sashing really adds to it!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

What a funky quilt!!! Me likey!!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

april said...

I love the purple and green combination too! Always have. Sure reminds me of Spring, and wild violets and new grass. And love the "mile a minute" and the sashing! Beautiful!