Saturday, May 12, 2012

A New Quilt

 Someone at work is having a baby.  There is a shower in a couple of weeks and I thought it would be nice to make a quilt.  I had a blue snowball flimsy done from last years rainbow scrap challenge, but decided to check the registry just in case.  I knew she was having a boy, but didn't know what colors they had chosen.  The registry was at Target, and it was full of sage and brown.  I guess sage and brown is what is popular for baby boys these days, because the last shower I went to for a baby boy was almost identical.  That quilt was a big hit, but I thought I should do something a little different this time.  I've got all the blocks done and they are sitting in the machine now, about half sewn together.  I got the pattern idea from a jelly roll book, though a pattern doesn't seem necessary to think of four patches with cornerstones.
I was happy to get a little time in to sew after piano lessons and Girl Scouts but before our afternoon outing to Fun Town for unlimited laser tag and roller skating.  We met Kurt for a quick dinner break from work so that he had a chance to see the kids for a bit.  It is so odd for him to be working such long hours, but the deadline for his project is coming up soon and things should be back to normal soon. 

3 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely quilt top, looks like it's fairly quick to put together. I am sure they will love it

Ellen said...

I do like the colour scheme and I think your layout looks great!

Lynne said...

Sage and brown - that's novel. In the shops here it all seems to be pink, blue or the occasional lemon!