Sunday, April 7, 2013

Slowdown Sunday - Green Edition


I was on such a roll with green blocks today that I couldn't help finishing off the last one.  There are still triangles of course, but the green center blocks are done!  I've just got a bit of handwork saved up for the end.  Two applique blocks and one which will be an attempt at hand piecing curves -- wish me luck on that one, curves are not my strong suit.
So here is the wall again -- isn't it getting full?  The closer it gets to being filled in the more I really want to just finish it all off.  I'm not really thrilled with the distribution of green shades, there are two olives right next two each other offset by two limes on the other side.  Maybe I'll fix it later but it might not look the same in the actual blocks.
Anna went to a fair last night and won some stuffed animals.  I'm not sure why, but she wanted to decorate dad this morning.  We are just back from Ryan's football game, it is the start of a new season already and he is on a different team.  Dad was lucky enough to get volunteered to be the coach this time.  The good thing about being the coach is that he can coordinate the practice times so that they are at the same time as Anna's lacrosse.  Maybe there will be less driving that way.  Hopefully.  

8 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Stuffy toys on your husband, makes me laugh. You are really charging along on your Dear Jane. I have set mine aside for a bit. Only 4 blocks done.

Kate said...

You are making great progress on your Dear Jane. I like your tracking process.

It's good that Your Guy is such a good sport about being coach and being little girl's morning project.

Ellen said...

You are on such a roll and will certainly have your quilt finished long before I do. It is such a good feeling to be excited about the quilt you are working on!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a very patient toy model you have! LOL
And what a great pile of green fabrics to spend time stitching...enjoy!
Thanks for linking up!

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - you are going through those blocks so quickly! It took me forever to finish my DJ! I remember the days of running my kids to practices etc. It was a fun time, but I'm glad those days are over :*) Maybe having to drive less will mean more sewing time for you :*)

Deb A said...

I can't believe how many you have gotten done in just a few months! I just love it when Daddy's are such good sports with stuffed animals.

audrey said...

Your green blocks look great! Busy season with the sports.:)

Katie Z. said...

WoW! You've gotten an impressive amount done.