Sunday, February 2, 2014

Superbowl Slow Stitching

After reading Kathy's post this morning about taking care of our hands, I was snipping some crumb blocks apart at the ironing board and snipped right into the tip of my finger.  Thankfully it was my left hand, so I will still be able to spend the Superbowl stitching away on these reverse applique photo blocks.  I got them all packaged up to take to Matchcounts yesterday, but got caught up doing the math instead.  I did pretty well too, except for a problem with factorials and fractions that had me puzzled.  Ryan explained it to me on the way home though, so the mystery was solved.  I hope you are all finding a way to slow down this Sunday before starting all over again tomorrow.  

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Ouch! You need The Gypsy Cutting Gizmo.
http://www.amazon.com/Gypsy-Quilter-The-Cutting-Gizmo/dp/B0044PNN88

Andee said...

LOL, does tomorrow have to come? I would much rather be slow stitching all day tomorrow!

Jill said...

A cut finger happens so quickly when we are cutting our scraps. Maybe we focus on the fabric and not the tools. Keep it bandaged so it can heal quickly. I have math issues also. Glad you have a helper in that regard.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh dear.... take good care of yourself or you might not be able to do your slow stitching!

Kate said...

Glad it wasn't enough of a snip to keep you from stitching.

By the way big congratulations to Ryan on getting to go to the next level of Math Counts competition.