Saturday, March 3, 2018

New Month - New Color




I love the start of new months.  Whatever odds and ends I have left of the last color are happily put away to make room for something new. This month, the purple has seen plenty of progress, and light and bright green is ready to come out and play for spring.  I tried a couple of different color variations in my Squared away blocks this month.  I think the last one is my favorite.  Mari has a lovely tutorial for those of you working on the quilt along.  I'll update the links as soon as the pdf file is ready to go.  Links for all the blocks so far are at the RSC18 Sampler tab.
Now that those are done, I think that I'll spend some time digging into my string bin.  


10 comments:

Ivani said...

Another great block for the BOM.

Sarah said...

Lovely fabrics, makes me feel very spring like!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love the start of a new month too and am always excited to see what the new colour will be :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Squared Away blocks are so pretty - love the different greens!

Kate said...

Very pretty Squared Away blocks. Though I'm starting to think that Angled Away might have been a better name with all the HSTs in these blocks.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Your page makes Saturday even more fun, especially when there is a new color of the month! Thank you so much for doing this!
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

I love the start of a new month, but I love watching the colors play with each other. Over the years I have made several rainbow and sometimes monochromatic quilts while following you. Thanks so much!

Cathy Tomm said...

Kind of laughing at spring green, we got a ton of snow today. All the big white stuff, maybe up to your knees by now. Great sampler blocks.

dq said...

I am sorry to have linked twice. I was on my tablet instead of my laptop and it wasn't working the same way.

Your rainbow scrap is going great!

Betty C said...

I am enjoying the block patterns offered this year. Thank you.